Going on vacation is maybe the most pleasant and expected event of the whole year. You are waiting for your coming days-off with a lot of desire. You look through vacation destination places, choose where you want to have a rest and forget about your work and every day problems. Finally, you get to choose a place and the next step is to pack your suitcase.
Ooops! Here is where everyone will face a lot of problems.
You are a woman with a lot of girlish things and the whole wardrobe of evening dresses you need to hang on to? Oh, and I forgot about the 10 pairs of high heels shoes. And you want to take everything with you on your journey? No matter that you probably won’t wear your gown not even once, you definitely should take it with you just in case.
“Help me pleeeaase!” – screams your suitcase when you sit over it, trying to zip the heavy luggage.
But do you remember about baggage weight limits, in case you are going to travel by plane? So, our today’s article is for you, who collected all the things around your flat and can’t find a place for them in your suitcase! Our tips will help you take only the things that you really need during your trip. And all the things that will simply occupy unneccessary place in your suitcase are better off left aside.
The most important things you should take with you and not to forget on the bedside table are important documents and money.
You should keep these things in your handbag. What documents you need:
- International passport. It isn’t necessary to take your internal passport with you if you travel to another country.
- Medical insurance.
- Tickets for a plane. If you booked tickets online, you have to print them and take them with you.
- Driver’s license, an international driving license. If you are traveling by car: the car documents and the insurance green card.
- Hotel reservation. The confirmation of apartments and other types of accommodation booking.
- Some of your notations: the route, phone numbers, addresses, contacts.
- Money on your credit cards, cash in the currency of your country and in that of the country you are about to visit. Divide money and put it in different places of your luggage.
You shouldn’t forget about medicine.
If you suffer from some chronic diseases, take those medicines that your doctor has prescribed you.
And, of course, you should take the following medicines:
- For headaches
- For indigestion
- For spasms
- Bactericidal patch
Personal hygiene items is the next important chapter in the list of things you need during a trip.
Do not take large bottles, as they weigh in too much and can accidentally open inside the suitcase and pour on your clothes. No need to carry washing supplies with you. You can always buy them on the road, provided that, of course, you don’t travel to some unpopulated island))
So, things you need to take with you:
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Razor and Shaving creams
- Wet wipes and disposable handkerchiefs
- Shampoo, shower gel, soap. Keep in mind that most hotels will supply you with these things.
- Manicure Accessories (nail file, scissors). You can also make your manicure and pedicure ahead of the trip and spare yourself of the extra tools.
- Decorative cosmetics. Lipstick / Lip Gloss, resistant mascara, a small mirror
- Pins, hair elastics
- Cream. It’s better to bring a multi-purpose cream that suits all the parts of your body than to take three different tubes.
- Sun block lotions
- Dryer (but most hotels will provide you with it).
Before traveling, check and charge all your devices, and clear the memory cards. Do not forget to charge additional batteries and take rechargeable batteries with all the necessary adapters.
- Mobile phone. Set the best tariff plan, for the period of your trip. Take another phone for a local sim card.
- Camera / Camcorder with a memory card
- Laptop, tablet PC (if you need them for work, but if you aren’t going to work during your trip it’s better to leave these uncomfortable things at home. Better take a rest from them and enjoy your trip. The mobile phone will be enough to share your vacational photos with friends)
- When traveling by car, don’t forget about the navigator, containing uploaded maps. Or you can replace it with your tablet, PC or smartphone.
Take only comfortable and suitable clothes, depending on the location you are heading to:
- Couple of T-shirs
- Light short dress
- Pair of shorts
- One hat
- One flip flops and some other comfortable pair of every day shoes. Don’t take new ones because you don’t know how your feet will react to them.
- You should also take some warm clothes in case the weather changes abruptly.
- A pair of underpants for each day.
- No high heels, long evening dresses, smart suits and jewelries.
- Swimming suit and swimming trunks.
For a one week vacation these things will be more than enough! Remember to leave some space in your suitcase for presents you will definitely buy in the country you travel to. Otherwise, you will have to buy one more suitcase there. Do you need unnecessary expenses? I think not!
Other things MAYBE you will need during your trip:
- Wrist Watch
- Small gifts for new friends
- Folding knife
All these things you should divide into two parts – some meant for a suitcase and others for a handbag, in case you fly by plane. Remember, piercing-cutting and liquids are prohibited from taking them with you in your handbag. You are allowed to take with you all your devices, some medicines, magazines, snacks, however.
As for the suitcase, when it is already packed, you should weight it before the trip – it should be no more than 10-15 kilos.
Remember about all those presents you will most likely buy in the other country.
So, I hope all these recommendations are crystal clear and will be useful for you, allowing you to experience the joy of an amazing trip, without having to worry about the risk of your luggage snapping from too much unneccessary weight!
Have a great vacation!